"Somethings that are not necessary may yet be essential." - Maslow

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring and a Little Cleaning

 The calendar says it is the first day of spring but the temperatures this week have been leaning more towards summer.  I have to report back to work next Monday and I am slowly knocking off a list of chores that need to get done between now and then.  
Spent the afternoon making multiple trips up and down the basement steps removing “old stuff” and hauling it to the curb. These trips haven't emptied the basement but did put a large dent in the clutter.  After paying the “Junk” company to haul a truckload away from Dad’s property in preparation of getting it ready to put on the market and after thinking private thoughts regarding all the things that my niece and her husband left behind still to be cleaned out, packed up, moved out or thrown away, I realized that an afternoon of stair climbing was over due.  Kate, my darling daughter, has warned me on several occasions that she is not planning on cleaning out any of my “old stuff” (only I think she used a different s word.) after I am gone. See if she finds any of those hidden stacks of $100. dollar bills.
Stuart likes his job.  He provides complete turn down services.

No comments:

Post a Comment